The Cozzi Brothers Museum, an accessible and inclusive place of culture
April 11, 2023
the museum is for everyone! HERE'S HOW THE MUSEUM WORKS TO BE ALWAYS MORE INCLUSIVE.
The Cozzi Brothers Museum has always been committed to promoting social and cultural activities in favor of inclusiveness and sustainability.
The project we are involved in in the two-year period 2023/24 aims to become a museum for everyone. An open and inclusive museum, at the service of the territory.
It is through the work of the Friends of Museo Fratelli Cozzi Association that we are committed to realizing these objectives, thanks also to the precious support of the institutions and associations and foundations of the area.
The fundamental objective is to contribute to the achievement of the two UN goals of the 2030 Agenda: quality education and reduction of inequalities, as well as the promotion of the 2006 UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The project of the Friends of Fratelli Cozzi Museum Association has two main themes:
- Optimization of spaces, paths, structure, materials, digital contexts, for a Museum fully accessible to people with disabilities.
- Collaboration with schools to promote culture, change and inclusion starting from school age.
But how do you make a museum accessible to everyone?
Let's see it together.
Mariuccia Kindergarten visiting the museum as part of the GiteFilm initiative in the strangest places
The logo of the association Friends of Museo Fratelli Cozzi and that of the Fondazione Comunitaria Ticino Olona
The INCLUSIVE MUSEUM.
Here are some activities that the Museum has planned or already implemented to be increasingly inclusive:
- Tactile tours for the blind/visually impaired public using guides trained to appreciate the elements perceived through touch
- LIS interpreting and subtitling of films shown in the multimedia room for accessibility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Purchase of a wheelchair for access by elderly persons or persons with reduced mobility and accompaniment by staff
- Training of Friends of Museo Fratelli Cozzi Association staff to accommodate people with disabilities
- Visits designed and tailored to meet particular types of disabilities, such as autism or mental disabilities
- Adjustments to the Museum's website to make it fully accessible to people with disabilities
- Initiating collaborations and consultations with experts in museum accessibility.
Among the institutions with which we have collaborated or will collaborate are: Istituto dei ciechi di Milano, UIC Unione italiana ciechi ipovedenti Lombardia, UIC Unione Italiana Ciechi Legnano, Anffas Legnano, Associazione Sordi Legnano, Federazione disability management of Milan, Abilitando Onlus of Alessandria, Associazione Listen Torino, Associazione Progetti Fantasia, Associazione Lavoro e Integrazione Onlus Milan, Asilo Mariuccia Foundation, Cittadinanza attiva Legnano e Altomilanese.
THE MUSEUM FOR SCHOOLS
Our most valuable allies in this direction of involvement and modernity are the school boys and girls who are capable of bringing real change and inclusiveness to every context.
That's why the Museum is committed to continuing with the Friends of Museo Fratelli Cozzi Association the activities with schools started in 2022 to make the new generations protagonists and involve students in the process of promoting culture, change and inclusion.
The project involves the implementation of educational activities and initiatives that will enable young people in the area to learn about the cultural heritage of the Fratelli Cozzi Museum and become protagonists of a new narrative, including through digital innovation.
The implementation phase will take place during the year 2023, with the aim of making the Fratelli Cozzi Museum fully accessible by 2024. During this phase, the structural and organizational improvements necessary to accommodate people with disabilities adequately and ensure the enjoyment of the museum's cultural heritage for all.
Want more information? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!